Weight Watchers Sautéed Duck with Pears and Apples
- 4 (4–5-ounce) skinless boneless duck breasts
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored, and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup brandy
- ¾ cup apple juice
- ? cup prepared duck demi-glace
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Sprinkle the duck with ½ teaspoon of the salt and ? teaspoon of the pepper. Melt 2 teaspoons of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the duck and cook until browned and just cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Cut each duck breast into 4 slices, transfer to a plate, and keep warm.
- Wipe out the skillet and melt the remaining 2 teaspoons butter. Add the pears, apple, sugar, and thyme; cook, stirring frequently, until the fruit is light golden, about 4 minutes. Add the brandy and cook 1 minute. Add the apple juice and demi-glace; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water; add to the skillet, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until the mixture bubbles and thickens, about 1 minute. Stir in the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ? teaspoon pepper. Serve the sauce with the duck breasts.