Weight Watchers Duck Tzimmes
- 2 (4-ounce) fully cooked duck legs confit
- 5 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup pitted prunes, quartered
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Adjust the racks to divide the oven into thirds. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9
- × 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Remove any white fat and all the skin from the duck legs confit. Pull off the meat and shred with your hands or two forks. You should have about 1½ cups of meat. Place the meat in a large bowl and combine with the carrots, sweet potatoes, prunes, and cherries.
- Whisk the broth, honey, salt, cinnamon, and garlic powder in a small bowl until smooth. Pour over the duck and vegetables; toss to coat. Pour this mixture and any juices into the baking pan.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake in the lower third of the oven, tossing every 15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let stand, uncovered, for about 5 minutes before serving.