Thick and creamy, with an almost pudding like texture, this luscious drink makes for the perfect after-meals drink on a warm summer day.
Sweet Potato Dessert Drink
- 1 8-ounce can diced sweet potatoes in light syrup
- 1 egg
- Whipped cream, slightly sweetened
- 1/2 ounce maple syrup
- 2 ounces spiced rum
- 1 cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Place dices sweet potatoes along with the light syrup in a food processor and blend until a smooth puree is formed.
- Use a cocktail shaker to combine rum, egg and maple syrup along with two tablespoons of the potato puree.
- Shake vigorously. Add ice to the drink and then shake again.
- Strain the drink into a glass.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream over the drink and garnish with a cinnamon stick.